Leonard Sweet has launched his new website PreachTheStory.com where you can find free preaching resources, as well as premium sermons and preaching advice:
Are you ready for the Revolution?
Embrace the 21st century with sermons that speak the language of your culture. Join the Homiletic Revolution and Preaching Renaissance. A revolution is a protest–against word-based exegesis. A renaissance is a positive expression of construction and creativity–founded on stories and images, narratives and metaphors (narraphors)—with a soundtrack.
Join at $9 per month and login to get:
- A weekly sermon based on the traditional lectionary by Len Sweet.
- A weekly story lectionary.
- A weekly Image Exegesis based on the story of the week by Lori with comments section for your additions and discussions of the metaphor.
- A weekly story sermon, based on the scriptural metaphor of the week by Len Sweet and with comments section for your responses, ideas, and the ways you’ve used the material.
- Sweet Nothings – weekly 3-5 minute semiotic videos of Len Sweet –connecting scripture to the semiotics of everyday life
- The Commons – a preaching blog with ideas for interactive Story sermon writing and image exegesis (a la Giving Blood) *Coming Soon
- In the future: special creative sections on preaching and ministry by some of the country’s budding pastors
FREE at preachthestory.com:
Pastor’s Prayer – by Len
The Open Table – an interactive Book gathering
Sound Theology –a sound bite for your sermon writing
Napkin Scribbles – words of wisdom from Len Sweet
The Lectionary Readings
The Story Lectionary Passage
The Images of the Week
“Tweetables” from each Sermon